Monday, January 5, 2009

Time flies...

Shoot.

It's been a while since I've posted. I've got a world of excuses, but they are all pretty lame. Let's just do this.

The last three weeks have been pretty diverse...

1. I performed my first funeral. For my Grandfather...he was the man. Taught me to waterski when he was 68 years old. After I became a Christian, we talked at length about his decision to invite Jesus into his life. I never knew that conversation would mean so much to me now.

2. We celebrated Christmas with Shawn and Niaya...that was a blast. We had too many memorable experiences to list!

3. I gave four annual reviews to interns and received mine. Although not always easy, I enjoy the annual review. Honest conversation gives freedom to discuss what is going great and what needs to be changed. I can't tell you how amped I am about 2009.

4. I reviewed my personal year and listed all the lessons I have learned. That may be another post, but it's definitely a healthy practice. I've almost finished my goals for '09. I plan on getting the absolute most out of this coming year.

5. I got many projects done...put seatbelts in the back seat of our 63 Rambler, refinished an entertainment center, built a 'kids gym' in the back yard, and so on. It's cool seeing tangible projects completed.

6. High Schoolers from all campuses went on our Winter Mission last week. It was awesome. Highlight for me other than hanging out with the students was sharing the Gospel in the American Airlines Arena...from the floor. Shooting free throws in the Arena was pretty cool also.

7. I'm steady pubbing Simple Student Ministry. If for some weird reason you haven't ordered your copy yet, you can do it here. Incidentally, these books make GREAT gifts for any time of the year...

So...much good is to come. Keep looking out...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://tinyurl.com/9c6wz3

Shanda said...

Jeff,
I decided to check out your blog. I am so sorry to hear about your Grandfather. I'm sure it was bittersweet for you to do his funeral. I'm sure it meant a ton to your family.

Blessings & Peace to you!
Shanda

Carlos C. Fojo said...

Sorry about your grandfather... That's pretty crazy that he taught you to water ski at 68 years old... He must of been one really cool grandfather.

About the book... That's crazy man... your book is almost out! Do you remember those days where you were locked away in a dungeon somewhere writing that book?

Well, it's good that it's over, and your book is almost here!

Love you man.